Bodyweight Training- New fitness craze that’s cost effective! #wednesdayworkout
Bodyweight training has the main focus of challenging gravity using your own body weight for resistance. Brace yourself for squats, lunges, push ups and planks while you pave the path to a perfectly sculpted physique.
The best part about bodyweight training is that it doesn’t require any equipment and can be easily done at home making it easily accessible to everybody and laying all the excuses to rest.
If that’s not enough to convince you, here are more reasons why:
1. Efficient workout- Since there is no equipment involved making it easy to transition quickly between exercises. These shortened resting times imply it’s easy to boost heart rate quickly in order to burn more calories.
2. Combined cardio and strength training- Yes, burpees and jumping jacks are involved. You can do some of these in between strength exercises to keep your heart rate up while still working on strength training.
3. Fast fat-burning- Just a few minutes of bodyweight circuit training may have a major impact on your metabolism. Maybe try some of these.
4. It’s for everyone- Bodyweight training can be modified to suit any level of fitness. You can add extra reps, change the speed and add a little more into each workout.
5. Improves your core strength.
6. Increase flexibility- similarly to ever-so popular yoga, this type of training enables the use of full range of motion in order to build strength.
7. Convenience- As mentioned before you don’t really have any excuses not to do it.
8. Cost effective- No equipment, no gym. Essentially it’s free! If it’s free it’s gotta be worth it.
9. Results- using your body to build strength means that you are actively engaging multiple muscle groups in one movement allowing you to work on the strength of the entire body.
Here are some ideas via Ivory HC
Want to better educate yourself about food? “Rate Your Plate” will help! Next Story »
Get NYE Ready! Our 30 Day Guide to looking your best this NYE!